Banca dati musicale
nata 1987 a St. Louis, MO, Stati Uniti d'America
Stephanie Trick (born 1987 in St. Louis, Missouri) is an American stride, ragtime and jazz pianist.
Trick began playing piano at the age of five. Her interest outside of classical music began at the age of 10, when her piano teacher introduced her to ragtime. She received her BA in Music with honors from University of Chicago in 2009.
She demonstrates piano performance and composition styles of stride, ragtime and jazz piano from the 1900s to the 1940s. She emphasizes jazz standards, stride and boogie-woogie tunes with an accent on her specialty of Harlem stride.
- Piano Tricks (2005)
- Ragtime Tricks (2006)
- Hear That Rhythm! (2008)
- Stephanie Trick LIVE (2010)
- Something More (2011) - with Danny Coots (drums) and Jay Hungerford (bass)
- Two For One (2012) - with Paolo Alderighi (piano)
- Fourteen (2012) - with Lorraine Feather (vocal)
- 1.0 1.1 Biography. Retrieved from http://stephanietrick.com/biography.htm.
- Bio at West Coast Ragtime Society website. Retrieved from http://www.westcoastragtime.com/bios/bio_trick_09.htm
- Peters, Bill, Great Strides at the Piano: Stephanie Trick re-ignites interest in Ragtime, Stride and Jazz Piano., April 16, 2010.
- Wolff, Don, Interview and Classic Jazz with Stephanie Trick, May 11, 2010.
- Stephanie Trick: What Is Stride Piano? www.youtube.com/watch?v=56yn_F2rUCQ
Questo articolo si basa sull'articolo Stephanie Trick dell'enciclopedia liber Wikipedia ed è sottoposto a LICENZA GNU per documentazione libera.
In Wikipedia è disponibile una lista degli autori.