Base de données musicale
Date de naissance 4.11.1907 à Christiansted, Saint Croix Island, Vierges (Etats-Unis), Iles
Date de décès 2.5.1989 à New York City, NY, Etats-Unis d Amérique
Alias Claude A. Benjamin
Claude A. ("Bennie") Benjamin was a songwriter, often teaming with George David Weiss. He was born on November 4, 1907 in Christiansted on the island of St. Croix (Danish West Indies). At the age of twenty, he moved to New York City. There, he studied the banjo and guitar with Hy Smith. He then performed in vaudeville and with various orchestras, until, in 1941, he started composing songs.
In 1968, he became a music publisher, starting his own company named for himself. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1984. He died in New York City on May 2, 1989.
With Sol Marcus, Ed Durham and Ed Seiler
- "Cancel the Flowers"
- "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire"
- "Strictly Instrumental"
- "When the Lights Go On"
- "Forever, My Darling"
With George David Weiss
- "Can Anyone Explain? (No! No! No!)"
- "Cross Over the Bridge"
- "How Important Can It Be?"
- "I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore"
- "Ill Never Be Free"
- "I Ran All the Way Home"
- "Rumors Are Flying"
- "To Think You've Chosen Me"
- "Wheel of Fortune"
- "Moonlight Mystery" recorded by Bill Kenny
- "I'm Gonna Hate Myself In The Morning"
with Sol Marcus
- "Always On My Mind"
- "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
- "How Can I?"
- "I Am Blessed"
- "Of This I'm Sure"
- "Our Love (Will See Us Through)"
- "Don't Take All Night"
All five above songs were written for and performed by Nina Simone on Broadway-Blues-Ballads (1964).
- "I Love Your Lovin' Ways"
- "Why Keep On Breaking My Heart"
- "Fabulous Character"
- "Lonely Man"
- "Anyone (Could Fall In Love With You)"
- Bennie Benjamin at the Songwriters' Hall of Fame