born on 5/7/1955 in Wellesley, MA, United States
Eric Watson (musician)
Eric Watson (born July 5, 1955) US-American jazz was pianist and composer living in France. Watson is now teaching, at Conservatoire de Strasbourg France.
After graduating from Oberlin Conservatory Watson moved to Paris. In 1982 he completed his first trio recording with Paul Motian and Ed Schuller (Conspiracy) followed by two solo albums. Watson has been married twice, no children. He worked in a long-time duo with doublebass player John Lindberg which became extended with Albert Mangelsdorff and Ed Thigpen. Watson also worked with Steve Lacy, with Linda Sharrock and with Joëlle Léandre (Palimpseste, 1991). His Trio with Mark Dresser and Ed Thigpen (Silent Hearts, 1998) was the basis for the "Full Metal Quartets" (1999/2000) with saxophone player Bennie Wallace.
- 1994: Punk Circus (Freelance Records)
- 1999: Silent hearts (Free flights)
- 2000: Full metal quartet (Owl Records)
- 2002: Sketchs of solitude Night bird
- 2004: Road Movies Act
- 2009: Midnight torsion
- 2010: Memories of Paris (Out note)
- Drouot, Alain. Live au Petit Faucheux: Review. Allmusic.
- Nastos, Michael. Smetana: Les Deux Quatuors/Huit Polkas: Review. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2010-12-04.