born on 29/4/1956 in Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden
Links www.iracoleman.com (English)
Ira Coleman (musician)
Ira Coleman is an American jazz bassist.
He appears on four albums by Paris-based pianist Laurent de Wilde and has worked with artists such as Dee Dee Bridgewater, Milt Jackson, Ulf Wakenius, John Esposito, Joanne Brackeen, Herbie Hancock and Tony Williams.
- 1992: Live at the Blue Note - Franco Ambrosetti
- 1994: In from the Cold - Jonny King
- 1996: Below the Bassline - Ernest Ranglin, with Idris Muhammad, Gary Mayone, Monty Alexander
- 1997: Recontre - Georges Arvanitas
- 1998: Gershwin's World - Herbie Hancock
- 1998: Mirrors - Joe Chambers
- 2002: This Is New - Dee Dee Bridgewater
- 2002: Soul on Jazz - Philip Bailey
- 2005: J'ai Deux Amours - Dee Dee Bridgewater