born on 15/6/1971 in New York City, NY, United States
Nasheet Waits is an American jazz drummer.
Son of legendary percussionist Freddie Waits; Nasheet is a New York native who has been active on the jazz scene since early in his life. Before pursuing a music career, he studied psychology and history at Morehouse College in Atlanta. Nasheet also holds a degree from Long Island University in music. While studying at L.I.U, instructor Michael Carvln secured Waits a spot in the percussion ensemble M'Boom, started by drummer Max Roach in 1970. Waits has recorded or performed with a myriad of talented musicians including Fred Hersch, Antonio Hart, Joe Lovano, Jason Moran, Andrew Hill, Bunky Green, William Parker, Eddie Gomez, Casimir Liberski, John Medeski, and Mark Turner. Waits currently resides in New York City.
- The Fred Hersch Trio Night and The Music almetto (2007)
- Eddie Gomez Trio, Palermo, Jazzeyes (2007)
- Luis Perdomo, Awareness, RKM Music (2007
- Jason Moran, Artist in Residence, Blue Note (2007)
- Bunky Green, Another Place, Label Bleu (2006)
- Jason Moran, Same Mother, Blue Note (2005)
- Steve Davis, Meant To Be, Criss Cross (2004)
- Antonio Hart, All We Need, Downtown (2004)
- Jason Moran, The Bandwagon, Blue Note (2003)
- Bojan Z, Transpacifik, Label Blue (2003)
- Andrew Hill, A Beautiful Day, Palmetto (2002)
- Turner, Dharma Days, Warner Bros. (2001)
- Jason Moran, Black Stars, Blue Note (2001)
- Orrin Evans, Blessed Ones, Criss Cross (2001)
- Anthony Wonsey, Open the Gates, Criss Cross (1999)
- Antonio Hart, For Cannonball and Woody, RCA/Novus (1993)
Nasheet Waits like many of his jazz contemporaries before him, has secured a working nickname within the industry: Nasheet "Heavy" Waits.
- Biography: Nasheet Waits. AllAboutJazz.com. Retrieved on 26 July 2012.
This article uses material from the article Nasheet Waits from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia and it is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.