Banca dati musicale
nato il 29.4.1958 a New York City, NY, Stati Uniti d'America
Links www.moderndrummer.com (Inglese)
Kenny Washington (musician)
|Kenny Washington (musician)|
Kenny Washington (born May 29, 1958) is a jazz drummer born in Staten Island, New York.
He grew up in the Stapleton Projects and attended P.S. 14. He studied at the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. He has worked with many distinguished musicians, including Ronnie Mathews, Lee Konitz, Betty Carter, Johnny Griffin, Dizzy Gillespie, Clark Terry, George Cables, Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Sonny Stitt, James Spaulding, Phil Woods, Bill Charlap, Bobby Watson, Curtis Lundy, and Tommy Flanagan. He currently plays with Ahmad Jamal replacing Idris Muhammad.
With Bill Charlap
- All Through The Night (Criss Cross, 1998)
- S Wonderful (Venus Records, 1999)
- Written in the Stars (Blue Note Records, 2000)
- Stardust (Blue Note, 2002)
- Somewhere: The Songs of Leonard Bernstein (Blue Note, 2004)
- Plays George Gershwin: The American Soul (Blue Note, 2005)
- Live at the Village Vanguard (Blue Note, 2007)
With Lou Donaldson
- Caracas (1993)
With Dizzy Gillespie
- Bird Songs: The Final Recordings (Telarc, 1992)
- To Diz with Love (Telarc, 1992)
- To Bird with Love (Telarc, 1992)
With Joshua Redman
- Joshua Redman (1993)
- Superblue (Blue Note, 1988)
- Bill Charlap jazz trio with bassist Peter Washington and drummer Kenny Washington are 'like family'. NY Daily News (2011-03-22). Retrieved on 2011-10-30.
- Wynn, Ron. Allmusic. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2011-10-30.
Questo articolo si basa sull'articolo Kenny Washington (musician) dell'enciclopedia liber Wikipedia ed è sottoposto a LICENZA GNU per documentazione libera.
In Wikipedia è disponibile una lista degli autori.