Base de données musicale
Date de naissance 19.6.1949 à Kansas City, MO, Etats-Unis d Amérique
Links johnstein.com (Anglais)
John Stein (guitarist)
John Stein, is a jazz guitarist, born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. His education includes a Bachelor of Music from Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, where he is an associate professor.
Stein associates with such Boston jazz musicians as Bill Pierce, Kenneth Weinberger, John LaPorta, and Bob Freedman. He has performed onstage with David "Fathead" Newman, Lou Donaldson, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Johnny Vidacovich, and Idris Muhammad. He has also performed concerts in Europe, conducting tours in Germany, France and Switzerland, in Brazil, as well as in the United States. Stein's compositions and performances are a range of jazz, including blues, bebop, bossas, and swing.
- Hustle Up! (KFW 172); released in 1995 on Tightly Knit Records (a subsidiary of Knitting Factory Works).
- Green Street (AL 73158); released in 1999 on A-Records; featured David "Fathead" Newman on reeds.
- Portraits and Landscapes (JRCD 20029); released in 2000 on Jardis Records (a European jazz guitar label); featured Larry Goldings on piano and organ, Bill Thompson on reeds, Keala Kaumeheiwa on Bass, and Greg Conroy on drums.
- Conversation Pieces (JRCD 20140); released in 2002 on Jardis Records; featured David "Fathead" Newman on reeds.
- Interplay (AJD72226); released in 2004 on Azica Records; featured John Lockwood on Bass and Yoron Israel on drums.
- Concerto Internacional de Jazz (WCS 031); released in 2006 on Whaling City Sound; featured Brazilian musicians Frank Herzberg, Zé Eduardo Nazario, Alexandre Zamith, Bocato, Teco Cardoso, Pedro Ito.
- Green Street (WCS 039); rereleased in 2007 on Whaling City Sound; featured David "Fathead" Newman on reeds, Ken Clark on Hammond organ, and Dave Hurst on drums.
- Encounterpoint (WCS 042); released in 2008 on Whaling City Sound; featured Zé Eduardo Nazario on drums, John Lockwood on Bass, and Koichi Sato on Keyboards.
- Raising The Roof (WCS 050); released in 2010 on Whaling City Sound; featured Zé Eduardo Nazario on drums, John Lockwood on Bass, and Koichi Sato on Keyboards.
- Hi Fly (WCS 054); released in 2011 on Whaling City Sound; featured Zé Eduardo Nazario on drums, John Lockwood on Bass, and Jake Sherman on Keyboards.