Base de données musicale
Date de naissance 3.8.1962 à Baltimore, MD, Etats-Unis d Amérique
Links www.benwolfe.com (Anglais)
|Born||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Occupation||Academic and musician|
Ben Wolfe is an American jazz double bassist and academic.
Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Wolfe was raised in Portland, Oregon.
During his career he has worked with Harry Connick, Jr. (for five years), Diana Krall and Wynton Marsalis's Septet. Wolfe has also played in the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, as well as playing with Carl Allen, Benny Green, Branford Marsalis, James Moody and Eric Reed .
He teaches at the Juilliard School in New York City, New York.
|1977||13 Sketches||Mons Records|
|2001||Murray's Cadillac||Amosaya Records|
|2002||Bagdad Theater||Mons Records|
|2004||My Kinda Beautiful||Planet Arts|
|2008||No Strangers Here||MAXJAZZ|
|2010||Live at Smalls||Telescope|
|2013||From Here I See||MAXJAZZ|
- Collins, Troy (14 July 2008). No Strangers Here. All About Jazz. Retrieved on 14 January 2011.
- Ben Wolfe at All Music Guide
- Staff writer (February 2005). "Juilliard Portraits — Faculty — Ben Wolfe — Jazz Faculty, Bass". The Juilliard School Journal Online. Juilliard School. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Concert Review. The New York Times. June 5, 2008.
- Koppman, Bud (June 18, 2008). "The Ben Wolfe Octet at The Jazz Standard, NYC". All About Jazz. Retrieved January 14, 2011.