born in 1950 in Dixon, IL, United States
Links www.jackson.ch (German)
Jerry Hey is an American trumpeter, flugelhornist, horn arranger, string arranger, orchestrator and session musician who has played on hundreds of commercial recordings, including Thriller and the distinctive flugelhorn solo on Dan Fogelberg's hit "Longer".
He is known as the Seawind trumpeter and arranger who plays with Gary Grant, Larry Williams and Bill Reichenbach Jr..
Hey was born in Dixon, Illinois, in 1950, to parents well known in the area for their involvement in music. He attended the National Music Camp for two summers. While in college, Hey studied under Bill Adam at Indiana University.
He composed and arranged the song "Jedi Rocks" for the 1997 Special Edition rerelease of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- 1981 - Best Instrumental Arrangement
- 1982 - Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
- Jerry Hey & Quincy Jones (arrangers) for "Ai No Corrida" performed by Quincy Jones
- 1983 - Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
- 1984 - Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or A Television Special
- 1991 - Best Arrangement on an Instrumental
- Jerry Hey, Quincy Jones, Ian Prince & Rod Temperton (arrangers) for "Birdland" performed by Quincy Jones
With Lalo Schifrin
- No One Home (Tabu, 1979)