Christian Anthony Burns
born on 18/1/1974 in Wigan, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Links www.christianburns.com (English)
|Born|| January 18 1974
Wigan, United Kingdom
Christian Burns (born Christian Anthony Burns on January 18, 1974 in Wigan) is an English musician and the son of Tony Burns of "The Signs", a Liverpool-based rock band signed to Decca Records in the 1960s.
Burns was a member of the popular British band, BBMak, along with Mark Barry and Stephen McNally. The group sold nearly three million albums worldwide and had a Top 5 single with "Back Here", in the UK. In the United States, "Back Here" reached number 1 in the charts and received heavy video play on MTV and TRL.
In 2003, the band broke up, and all the members went on to pursue solo careers. Since then Burns has been collaborating with other artists and dance projects. In 2007, he worked with Tiësto on the track "In the Dark", for the album Elements of Life. He also collaborated with a Tiësto, who used the surname Allure, on the track entitled "Power of You".
He has also collaborated with Benny Benassi, on the song "Love and Motion", and American singer, Jes Brieden, on the song 'As We Collide'.
He is featured heavily on BT's 2010 album These Hopeful Machines, co-writing the songs "Suddenly", "The Emergency", and "Forget Me". He provides lead vocals on "Suddenly" and backing vocals on "The Emergency", "Forget Me."
He also has upcoming tracks with Richard Durand "Night & Day", also Armin Van Buuren's "This Light Between Us" taken from his album "Mirage" released in September 2010. Other collaborations include tracks by David Guetta, Matt Darey, Sebastian Ingrosso, and Dirty South.
He is in a band called The Bleach Works, and is due to release a new album in 2012.
For Christian Burns discography with BBMak see BBMak Discography
- 30 December 2005 - "Sky High" - "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
- 21 November 2006 - "Little Athens" - "Tranqulized" (as Inhaler)
- 16 April 2007 - "In the Dark" (as Tiësto featuring Christian Burns) - #133 UK
- 29 September 2008 - "Something About You" (as Inhaler featuring Christian Burns)
- 22 November 2008 - "Power of You" (as Allure featuring Christian Burns)
- 21 February 2010 - "Suddenly" (as BT featuring Christian Burns)
- 2 August 2010 - "Night & Day" (as Richard Durand featuring Christian Burns)
- 12 November 2010 - "This Light Between Us" (as Armin Van Buuren featuring Christian Burns)
- 28 February 2011 - "Tokyo Cries" (as Glenn Morrison featuring Christian Burns)
- 12 September 2011 - "On the Wire" (as Allure featuring Christian Burns)
- 27 May 2008 - "Love And Motion" (with Benny Benassi) (On the album Rock 'n' Rave)
- 31 January 2010 - "The Emergency" (with BT) (On the album These Hopeful Machines)
- 17 June 2011 - "Neon Hero" (with Armin Van Buuren) (On the album Mirage The Remixes)
- 4 March 2010 - "Breakdown" (free download)
- 9 September 2010 - "Save This City" (as Phonic Funk featuring The Bleachworks)
- 11 April 2011 - "It's Ok" (as Jason Herd featuring The Bleachworks)
- Associated Press, Today in History - Jan. 18, 18 January 2007. URL accessed on 15 July 2011.
- Official website
- Christian Burns at MySpace
- The Bleach Works at MySpace
- Inhaler, Christian Burns and BBMak Website