born on 4/3/1953 in La Habana, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Links www.allmusic.com (English)
Emilio Estefan, Jr. (born March 4, 1953) is a Cuban-American 19-time Grammy Award winning musician and producer. Estefan's first taste of celebrity came as a member of the Miami Sound Machine. He is the husband of singer Gloria Estefan, and the uncle of Spanish-language television personality Lili Estefan.
Estefan was born in Santiago de Cuba, Cuba, of Greek Orthodox Lebanese ancestry. He wed Gloria Fajardo on September 2, 1978. They have a son, Nayib (born September 2, 1980) and a daughter, Emily Marie (born December 5, 1994). The family lives in Florida.
On June 5, 2010, Nayib married Lara Diamante Coppola  in the backyard of his parents mega mansion. On June 21, 2012 the first Estefan grandchild was born: grandson Sasha Argento Estefan Coppola.
Emilio Estefan has shaped, developed and directed the careers of many superstars in the music industry. He has produced various events for both general market and Hispanic market television. These events include: The Latin Grammy's, The Hispanic Heritage Awards, Nuestra Navidad, and high profile productions on HBO and Showtime. He has also produced many musical events at the White House.
In 2008, Emilio produced and directed his first full-length documentary, 90 Millas based on the pioneers and history of Cuban Music.
During 2010, Estefan gathered dozens of Latino entertainers to record Michael Jackson's "We Are The World" in Spanish. The Spanish version, already written by Estefan and approved by Quincy Jones, became "Somos El Mundo". It premiered during El Show de Cristina on March 1, 2010 and the funds went to the Haiti relief.
Estefan sits as the second Vice Chair to the Commission for the National Museum of the American Latino, a bi-partisan commission charged with exploring the possibility of creating a National Latino Museum in Washington D.C.
In 2010, Emilio Estefan gained the title of best-selling author for the release of his book The Rhythm of Success - How an Immigrant Produced his own American Dream. The following year, Estefan presented the book The Exile Experience: A Journey to Freedom in collaboration with writer Carlos Pintado and journalist Carlos Alberto Montaner, including personal testimonials from different generations of exiles. The Exile Experience: Journey to Freedom is published in three separate editions each tailor-made for those who arrived through Operation Pedro Pan, the Freedom Flights and the Mariel boatlift. Each edition features the names of every Cuban who arrived via one of those three exoduses, with more than 400,000 names between the three editions.
Other business ventures
Gloria and Emilio Estefan own a number of business establishments, including several Cuban-themed restaurants (Bongos Cuban Café)(Larios on the Beach). The restaurants are located in Miami Beach, downtown Miami (part of the American Airlines Arena), at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida, Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney in Orlando, Florida, and in Miami International Airport. They also own two hotels: Costa d'Este in Vero Beach which opened in 2008, and The Cardozo in Miami Beach.
The Estefans' estimated net worth as of 2011 was approximately $700 million, according to an article in People en Español magazine.
In 2002, President George W. Bush appointed Emilio as a member of the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities. Among the many awards and honors Emilio Estefan has received are his Honorary Doctorate degrees from Barry University, University of Miami, Florida International University and Berkley School of Music. He also received the Sammy Cahn Lifetime Achievement Award by the Songwriters Hall of Fame and was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 2009. In 2005, Emilio received the BMI Songwriter of the Year award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. At the Latin Grammy Awards of 2000, Estefan received the award for Producer of the Year for his work on the albums Ciego de Amor by Charlie Zaa, El Amor de Mi Tierra by Carlos Vives and the song "Da la Vuelta" by Marc Anthony.
- 1.0 1.1 The Emilio Estefan Jr. profile. Superiorpics.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-17.
- "Emily My Miracle Baby"
- "Gloria Estefan's Miami Beach, Florida home", Celebrity Detective
- Gloria Estefan -Biography of a Latin Superstar. Latinmusic.about.com (1957-09-01). Retrieved on 2011-12-30.
- Selecta Magazine: Nayib Estefan's Wedding
- Lara Coppola's dock marriage to Nayib Estefan
- Staffer. 'Somos El Mundo' Video Premieres, Stars Pitbull, Shakira, Juanes, David Archuleta, Daddy Yankee - Viral Videos. Billboard. Retrieved on 2012-11-17.
- Staffer (2010-02-20). Latino Celebrities Join Together for "Somos El Mundo" Recording. Thesilvertongueonline.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-17.
- 50 Latin Stars Gather To Record 'Somos El Mundo'. Billboard (2009-09-14). Retrieved on 2012-11-17.
- Gloria & Emilio Estefan Open Costa d'Este Beach Resort, Reuters, June 19, 2008.
- "Dolphins announce Estefans' stake in team", Sports Illustrated (via AP Miami), June 25, 2009
- "Emilio and Gloria Estefan give Miami Dolphins celebrity appeal", The Miami Herald, June 26, 2009
- "Estefans will acquire minority stake in Miami Dolphins", Miami Herald, June 23, 2009
- Emilio Estefan Official Web Site
- Emilio Estefan on Facebook
- Emilio Estefan on Twitter
- Emilio Estefan at imbd.com
|Studio albums: Cuts Both Ways | Into the Light | Mi Tierra | Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me | Abriendo Puertas | Destiny | Gloria! | Alma Caribeña | Unwrapped | 90 Millas|
|Compilations: Exitos de Gloria Estefan | Gloria Estefan Greatest Hits | Best of Gloria Estefan | Greatest Hits Vol. II | Amor y Suerte: Exitos Romanticos | Oye Mi Canto!: Los Grandes Exitos | The Very Best of Gloria Estefan | The Essential Gloria Estefan | Gloria Estefan iTunes Originals|
|EP's: Christmas Through Your Eyes | Twelve Inch Mixes | Bailando! | Party Time! | Unwrapped: Remixes|
|Others: Awards | Emilio Estefan Jr. | Miami Sound Machine | iTunes Originals|