born on 15/4/1933 in St. Matthews, SC, United States
Links www.fyicomminc.com (English)
Horace Ott is a noted American composer, record producer, conductor and pianist. Although not formally credited (his wife Gloria Caldwell being credited instead) he was one of the writers of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" and arranged the Village People's hit "Y.M.C.A.". He also led the Horace Ott Orchestra.
With Rusty Bryant
- Until It's Time for You to Go (Prestige, 1974) - keyboards, arranger and conductor
With Jimmy McGriff
- Electric Funk (Blue Note, 1969) - electric piano and composer
With Houston Person
- Houston Express (Prestige, 1970) - as composer, arranger and conductor
With Bernard Purdie
- Soul Is... Pretty Purdie (Flying Dutchman, 1972) - keyboards, composer, arranger and conductor
With Nina Simone
- Wild Is the Wind (Philips, 1966) - as arranger
- South Carolina African American: Honorees 2005 Horace Ott Accessed 2 June 2011.
- Hilton Valentine, "Stories", 2001-04-28, Hiltonvalentine.com. Accessed 2 June 2011.
- "Songwriter, Arranger Horace Ott", www.fyicomminc.com Jazzmen. Accessed 2 June 2011.