born in 1961
Bob Franceschini (born 1961) is an American jazz saxophonist, songwriter, and arranger. He also plays clarinet and ethnic flutes. He has appeared on more than eighty albums of other recording artists, including those of Mike Stern, Paul Simon, and Willie Colón. He, Bob Reynolds and Bob Hemenger have hosted two saxophone retreats in Nashville called the Inside Outside Saxophone Retreat.
He grew up in Manhattan and started playing music at a young age, he started playing professionally as early as 17-18 with Tito Puente. He tours worldwide with the Mike Stern Band, Willie Colón, Dennis Chambers and Victor Wooten as a trio, and many more. He's very popular in places like Europe and even Japan. He also guest teaches at Victor Wooten Camp For Music and Nature.
In addition to composing and arranging Jazz and Latin Jazz, Franceschini has performed as a touring and recording sideman with Mike Stern, Paul Simon, Celine Dion, Tito Puente, BeBe Winans, Ricky Martin, Lionel Richie, Eddie Palmieri, Victor Wooten and many others. He plays all over the world but lives in the U.S.
In 2001 Franceschini performed on Mike Stern's Grammy Nominated album Voices.
With Willie Colón
- Honra y Cultura (Sony Discos Inc.)
- Mi Gran Amor (Madacy Latino)
- Idilio (Sony Music Distribution)
- Top Secrets (Fania Special)
With Paul Simon
- Songs from The Capeman (Warner Elektra Atlantic Corp.)
With Celine Dion
- These Are Special Times (Epic)
With Mike Stern
- New Morning: The Paris Concert (Inakustik)
- Who Let the Cats Out (Heads Up Records)
- Official Website
- Bob Franceschini - on Allmusic
- Rafael Navarro Manufacturer of Bob's Franceschini Maestra mouthpiece
- Bob Franceschini is an exclusive endorser of Rafael Navarro Saxophone Mouthpieces