born on 7/5/1931 in Harlan, KY, United States
died on 15/12/2018 in Nashville, TN, United States
Links www.jerrychesnut.net (English)
Jerry Donald Chesnut (born May 7, 1931) is an American country music songwriter. His hits include "A Good Year for the Roses" (recorded by Alan Jackson and George Jones) and "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" (recorded by Elvis Presley).
Born and raised in Harlan County, Kentucky he moved to Nashville in 1958 to pursue his career. In 1968 Jerry Lee Lewis's hit recording of Chesnut's "Another Place, Another Time" was nominated for a Grammy Award.
He is a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Selective list of Chesnut songs
This list includes the song title and artist/s who have recorded the song.
- A Dime At A Time - Del Reeves
- Another Place, Another Time - Jerry Lee Lewis, Arthur Alexander
- Don't She Look Good? - Bill Anderson, Eddie Arnold
- A Good Year for the Roses - Alan Jackson, George Jones, Elvis Costello, Counting Crows, Johnny Paycheck, Toni Willé
- Holding on to Nothing - Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton
- It's Four in the Morning - Faron Young, Tom Jones
- It's Midnight - Elvis Presley
- Looking at the World through a Windshield - Del Reeves, Son Volt, Commander Cody
- Love Coming Down - Elvis Presley
- Love of a Rolling Stone - Bonnie Tyler
- Oney - Johnny Cash
- T-R-O-U-B-L-E - Elvis Presley, Travis Tritt
- They Don't Make 'em Like My Daddy - Loretta Lynn
- The Wonders You Perform - Tammy Wynette
- Woman without love- Elvis Presley, Bob Luman, Johnny Darell, T.D. Valentine, Brooke Benton,