NKOTBSB is a supergroup consisting of American boy bands of two different generations New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys. Backstreet Boys member Howie Dorough came up with the name, which is a combination of established initialisms of each groups' names, NKOTB and BSB. Together they have released one compilation album, the eponymous NKOTBSB (2011), one single, and toured in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia in 2011-2012.
In summer 2010, the Backstreet Boys joined New Kids on the Block on stage at the Radio City Music Hall in New York at their invitation and performed "I Want It That Way". The show was a part of NKOTB's Casi-NO Tour. Since the performance, the media began to circulate rumors of the two uniting for a tour in the summer of 2011.
The tour was officially announced to begin in the summer of 2011 on On Air with Ryan Seacrest on November 8, 2010. During the interview, it was mentioned that the groups were recording a single to be released later. To promote the tour further, the groups conducted a live Q&A session on Ustream on the same day.
The newly formed supergroup first performed together at the closing of 38th Annual American Music Awards on November 21, 2010, to give the public a taste of what they would see on the tour, and again on 2011 New Year's on ABC's Dick Clark/Ryan Seacrest show.
On March 14, 2011, the group announced that they would be releasing a joint compilation album on May 24, 2011. The album featured five tracks from each group and some new recordings by the combined supergroup. The single, titled Don't Turn Out The Lights was premiered on April 5, 2011 on Ryan Seacrest.
The NKOTBSB Tour started at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois on May 25, 2011. On June 3, 2011, while in the middle of the tour, they went to Rockefeller Center to perform together at the The Today Show.
The tour ended on June 3, 2012 in Pasay, Philippines, and they performed one last time on August 18, 2012 in Hershey, PA at Summer Mixtape Festival. The performance was also their only North American appearance in 2012.
During a show in London on April 29, 2012, while announcing original member Kevin Richardson's return to the Backstreet Boys, Littrell hinted that they might play some shows with all ten members in the future. In August 2012, members of New Kids on the Block also stated during Mixtape Festival that while it was their last performance together for quite some time, they might get back together down the line, and they hope there will be many more shows with the Backstreet Boys in the future. They also said that NKOTBSB is like another group altogether.
- New Kids on the Block
- Joey McIntyre
- Jordan Knight
- Donnie Wahlberg
- Danny Wood
- Jonathan Knight
- Backstreet Boys
- NKOTBSB (2011)
- "Don't Turn Out the Lights"
- NewNowNext Awards (2011)
- Best New Indulgence: New Kids On The Block/Backstreet Boys Summer Tour 2011
- NKOTBSB Tour (2011-2012)
- An Interview With Backstreet Boy Howie D. CBS Local Media (January 19, 2011). Retrieved on July 29, 2012.
- LISTEN: Backstreet's Brian Littrell talks tour, AJ's rehab and more (Audio) (January 19, 2011). Retrieved on September 4, 2012.
- 3.0 3.1 3.2 Romo, Danielle (November 8, 2010). New Kids On The Block & Backstreet Boys First Ever Interview Together. Ryan Seacrest Official Website. Ryan Seacrest Productions. Retrieved on November 12, 2011.
- Vick, Megan. New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys Talking Joint Tour. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.. Retrieved on November 12, 2011.
- Lyle, Sabre (October 8, 2010). The Backstreet Boys Resource: Brian in studio for Q100's Bert show - New Kids / Backstreet Boys tour info. Bsbresource.blogspot.com. Retrieved on April 17, 2012.
- LIVE Q&A with NKOTB and BSB. Ustream (November 8, 2010). Retrieved on November 12, 2010.
- Vena, Jocelyn (November 21, 2010). Backstreet Boys And New Kids on the Block Close The AMAs. MTV. Retrieved on April 22, 2011.
- Boedeker, Hal (November 8, 2010). Backstreet Boys set for American Music Awards. The Orlando Sentinel. Tribune Company. Retrieved on November 12, 2010.
- Times Square crowd awaits glitter ball; good riddance notes. Sify.com (January 1, 2011). Retrieved on May 5, 2012.
- AFP: New York cheers in 2011. Google.com (December 31, 2010). Retrieved on April 17, 2012.
- Shetler, Scott. NKOTBSB -- 2011 New Album Preview. AOL. Retrieved on July 18, 2012.
- Listen to NKOTBSBs First Original Single Dont Turn Out The Lights [AUDIO]. Ryan Seacrest. Retrieved on July 18, 2012.
- Grossberg, Josh (March 14, 2011). NKOTB + BSB = Lots of Letters and New Supergroup Single. E!: Entertainment Television. NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Retrieved on April 16, 2011.
- NKOTBSB TODAY SHOW JUNE 3!. NKOTBSB. Retrieved on July 18, 2012.
- Watch It Here! NKOTBSB On The Today Show!. Perez Hilton. Retrieved on July 18, 2012.
- Garibaldi, Christina (19 August 2012). The Wanted, 98 Degrees Join NKOTBSB Onstage At MixTape Festival. MTV. Retrieved on 22 August 2012.
- Backstreet Boys Welcome Back Kevin Richardson. MTV. Retrieved on July 12, 2012.
- New Kids On The Block Talk 'Open' Relationship With Backstreet Boys. MTV (21 August 2012). Retrieved on 22 August 2012.
- Logos "NewNowNext Awards" 2011 Announces This Year's Winners. Logo Newsroom. Retrieved on April 8, 2011.
- [www.nkotbsb.com Official website]
- [www.nkotb.com Official NKOTB website]
- [www.backstreetboys.com Official Backstreet Boys website]
|New Kids on the Block|
|Jonathan Knight · Jordan Knight · Joey McIntyre · Donnie Wahlberg · Danny Wood|
|Studio albums||New Kids on the Block · Hangin' Tough · Step by Step · Face the Music · The Block|
|Compilation albums||Merry, Merry Christmas · No More Games/The Remix Album · Greatest Hits · Super Hits · New Kids On The Block: Greatest Hits|
|Singles||Be My Girl · Stop It Girl · Please Don't Go Girl · You Got It (The Right Stuff) · I'll Be Loving You (Forever) · Hangin' Tough · Didn't I (Blow Your Mind) · Cover Girl · This One's for the Children · Funky Funky Xmas · My Favorite Girl · Step by Step · Valentine Girl · Tonight · Let's Try It Again · Games · Call It What You Want · If You Go Away · Dirty Dawg · Never Let You Go · Summertime · Single|
|Tours||Hangin' Tough Tour · The Magic Summer Tour · New Kids on the Block European Tour · Face the Music Tour · New Kids on the Block: Live|
|Related articles||Discography · TV series · Boy band · Maurice Starr · Mark Wahlberg · Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch · New Edition|
Studio albums: Backstreet Boys · Backstreet's Back · Millennium · Black & Blue · The Hits: Chapter One · Never Gone
Singles: "We've Got It Goin' On" · "Get Down (You're the One For Me)" · "Anywhere For You" · "Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart)"
"As Long As You Love Me" · "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" · "I'll Never Break Your Heart" · "All I Have to Give"
"I Want It That Way" · "Larger Than Life" · "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" · "The One" · "Shape of My Heart"
"The Call" · "More Than That" · "Drowning" · "Incomplete" · "Just Want You To Know"
"Crawling Back to You" · "I Still"
Related articles: Discography · Awards · Jive
|Backstreet Boys singles|
|Backstreet Boys||* "We've Got It Goin' On"
|Backstreet's Back||* "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
|Millennium||* "I Want It That Way"
|Black & Blue||* "Shape of My Heart"
|The Hits: Chapter One||* "Drowning"|
|Never Gone||* "Incomplete"
|This Is Us||* "Straight Through My Heart"
|NKOTBSB||* "Don't Turn Out the Lights"|
|Seasonals||* "Christmas Time"