Leider verfügen wir zur Zeit noch über keine Biografie in deutscher Sprache.
aus Wikipedia, der freien Enzyklopädie
Jerome Eugene "Bigfoot" Brailey (born August 20, 1950) is an American drummer, best known for his work with P-Funk, which included the bands Parliament, Funkadelic, and numerous related projects. Brailey is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted in 1997 with fifteen other members of Parliament-Funkadelic.
Brailey started performing around 1968 with the R&B group The Unifics continuing with The Five Stairsteps and The Chambers Brothers. Jerome played on the original studio recording of the classic R&B song, O-o-h Child by The Five Stairsteps later joining George Clinton's P-Funk collective in 1975 and appeared on many of their most popular recordings. He co-wrote one of Parliament's biggest hits, "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)", with George Clinton and Bootsy Collins. Samples from that body of work have since appeared on hundreds of hip hop and contemporary R&B songs. After leaving P-Funk in 1978 due to bad financial management decisions by George Clinton, Brailey started working closely with Glenn Goins who also left the P-Funk unit and started production for the funk group Quazar featuring Kelvin Goins. Brailey and Glen Goins started working on the concept of Mutiny as they entered the final completion date for the Quazar album on Arista Records but Glen's untimely death in 1978 placed Jerome in the position to finalize the production work on the Quazar album due to the fact that the album was not completed. After the Quazar album was completed, Brailey continued on with the concept and the group Mutiny was formed and sign to Columbia Records. Mutiny record and perform in a way not far removed from the classic P-Funk style, with emphasis placed on dual lead guitar work similar to other Funk & Rock bands. They released their debut album Mutiny on the Mamaship 1979, followed by Funk Plus the One in 1980. The first album was seen as very successful in musical terms, though some critics complained about the lack of originality. Brailey has appeared as a session drummer with a diverse group of artists, including Keith Richards, Bill Laswell, James Blood Ulmer, Dave Stewart, and Lucky Peterson. He is a close relative of Matt Brailey who lives in the UK.
Mutiny on the Mamaship (1979)
Funk Plus the One (1980)
A Night Out with the Boys (1983)
Aftershock 2005 (1996)
How's Your Loose Booty? (2000) - a compilation
- Funk Rd. (2013)
- Unifics - Sittin In At The Court Of Love (1968)
- Five StairsSteps ( O-o-h Child ) (1970)
- Chambers Brothers - Right Move (1975)
- Parliament - Mothership Connection (1976)
- Funkadelic - Tales of Kidd Funkadelic (1976)
- Funkadelic - Hardcore Jollies (1976)
- Parliament - Clones of Dr. Funkenstein (1976)
- Fuzzy Haskins - A Whole Nother Thang (1976)
- Parliament - Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome (1977)
- Bootsy's Rubber Band - Ahh...The Name Is Bootsy, Baby! (1977)
- Eddie Hazel - Games, Dames & Guitar Thangs (1977)
- Live: P-Funk Earth Tour (1977)
- Fred Wesley & The JB's - Blow for Me, A Toot for You (1977)
- Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove (1978)
- The Brides of Funkenstein - Funk Or Walk (1978)
- Fuzzy Haskins - Radio Active (1978)
- Bernie Worrell - All The Woo In The World (1978)
- Parlet - Pleasure Principle (1978)
- Fred Wesley And The Horny Horns - Say Blow by Blow Backwards (1979)
- Quazar - Recorded with former Funkadelic guitarist Glen Goins. (1979)
- Liu Sola - Blues in the East (1994)
- Buckethead - Giant Robot (1994)
- Parliament - Greatest Hits 1972-1993 (1994)
- Bootsy - Back in the Day: The Best of Bootsy (1994)
- Tawl Ross - a.k.a. Detrimental Vasoline (1995)
- Parliament - Best of Parliament: Give Up the Funk (1995)
- Dave Stewart - Greetings from the Gutter (1995)
- Jah Wobble - Heaven and Earth (1995)
- Peter's Rock Mass Choir - Message from the Rock (1995)
- Fred Wesley And The Horny Horns - Final Blow (1995)
- Mothership Connection Newberg Session - (1995)
- Funkcronomicon ( Axiom Funk ) (1995)
- Various Artists - Altered Beats: Assassin Knowledges (1996)
- Parliament - Live, 1976-1993 (1996)
- Material Intonarumori (1998)
- Eddie Hazel - Rest in P (2000)
- Parliament - The 20th Century Masters (2000)
- James Blood Ulmer - Blue Blood (2001)
- Bootsy Collins - Glory B da' Funk's on Me! (2001)
- Parliament - Funked Up: The Very Best of... (2002)
- George Clinton: Parliament Funkadelic - Mothership Connection DVD (2002)
- Snoop Dogg - Under-Cover Brotha (2003)
- Dawn Sheppard - The Dawn Of A New Day (2003)
- Lucky Peterson - Black Midnight Sun (2003)
- Funkadelic - Whole Funk & Nothing But the Funk Definitive (2005)
- Parliament - Gold [Original Recording Remastered] (2005)
- Funkadelic - Motor City Madness: The Ultimate Funkadelic Westbound Compilation (2006)
- Parliament / Funkadelic - The Mothership Connection Live 1976 (2008)
- Glee: The Music, Volume 3 Showstoppers (Soundtrack Album ) (2010)
- Parliament - ICON (2011)
- Funkadelic Cosmic Funkers (2011)
- A Different Kind Of Christmas - Various Artists (2012)
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees: Jerome "Bigfoot" Brailey George Clinton Bootsy Collins Ray Davis Ramon "Tiki" Fulwood Glen Goins Michael Hampton Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins Eddie Hazel Walter "Junie" Morrison Cordell "Boogie" Mosson "Billy Bass" Nelson Garry Shider Calvin Simon Grady Thomas Bernie Worrell
Other members: List of P-Funk members Category: P-Funk members
Parliament: Osmium Up for the Down Stroke Chocolate City Mothership Connection The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome Live: P-Funk Earth Tour Motor Booty Affair Gloryhallastoopid Trombipulation Compilations
Funkadelic: Funkadelic Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow Maggot Brain America Eats Its Young Cosmic Slop Standing on the Verge of Getting It On Let's Take It to the Stage Tales of Kidd Funkadelic Hardcore Jollies One Nation Under a Groove Uncle Jam Wants You The Electric Spanking of War Babies Connections & Disconnections By Way Of The Drum Live: Meadowbrook, Rochester, Michigan 12th September 1971 Compilations
Bootsy Collins/Bootsy's Rubber Band: Stretchin' Out in Bootsy's Rubber Band Ahh... The Name Is Bootsy, Baby! Bootsy? Player of the Year This Boot is Made for Fonk-N Ultra Wave The One Giveth, the Count Taketh Away What's Bootsy Doin'? Jungle Bass Save What's Mine for Me Blasters of the Universe Lord of the Harvest Keepin' Dah Funk Alive 4-1995 Fresh Outta 'P' University Live in Louisville 1978 Play With Bootsy Live In Concert 1998 Christmas Is 4 ever
Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins: A Whole Nother Thang Radio Active
Eddie Hazel: Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs Jams From the Heart Rest in P
The Horny Horns: A Blow for Me, A Toot for You Say Blow By Blow Backwards
Bernie Worrell: All the Woo in the World Funk of Ages B.W. Jam (Rock the House) Pieces of Woo: The Other Side Blacktronic Science Free Agent: A Spaced Odyssey Live from Woo-Rope
The Brides of Funkenstein: Funk Or Walk Never Buy Texas From A Cowboy Live at the Howard Theatre
Parlet: Pleasure Principle Invasion Of The Booty Snatchers Play Me or Trade Me
George Clinton/P-Funk All-Stars/Parliament-Funkadelic: Computer Games Urban Dancefloor Guerillas You Shouldn't-Nuf Bit Fish Some of My Best Jokes Are Friends R&B Skeletons in the Closet The Mothership Connection - Live from Houston The Cinderella Theory Live At The Beverly Theater Hey Man, Smell My Finger Dope Dogs Music From the Motion Picture "PCU" Mothership Connection Newberg Session T.A.P.O.A.F.O.M. How Late Do U Have 2BB4UR Absent?
Bootsy's Rubber Band The Brides of Funkenstein Children of Production George Clinton Bootsy Collins Funkadelic Godmomma The Horny Horns Parlet Parliament The Parliaments P-Funk All-Stars The Sterling Silver Starship Band Sweat Band Zapp
Renegade bands: Mutiny Quazar
Category: P-Funk Pedro Bell Armen Boladian James Brown Children of Production The C Kunspyruhzy George Clinton songs Bootsy Collins songs "Stozo the Clown" Edwards Funk Funkadelic songs House Party Rick James The J.B.'s Bill Laswell Overton Loyd The Night Before Parliament songs PCU P-Funk P-Funk Earth Tour P-Funk Mothership P-Funk mythology P-Funk projects Prince Sly & the Family Stone Sly Stone
|* George Clinton
- Ray Davis
- Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins
- Calvin Simon
- Grady Thomas
- Billy Bass Nelson
- Eddie Hazel
- Tawl Ross
- Tiki Fulwood
- Mickey Atkins
- Bernie Worrell
- Bootsy Collins
- Cordell Mosson
- Rodney "Skeet" Curtis
- Garry Shider
- Prakash John
- Tyrone Lampkin
- Glen Goins
- Michael Hampton
- Debbie Wright
- Gary "Muddbone" Cooper
- Jerome Brailey
- Fred Wesley
- Maceo Parker
- Michael Brecker
- Randy Brecker
- Rick Gardner
- Reunald "Renny" Jones
- Jeanette "Baby" Washington
- Dawn Silva
- Lynn Mabry
- Ron Ford
- Shirley Hayden
- Greg Thomas
- Larry Heckstall
- Walter "Junie" Morrison
- Robert "P-Nut" Johnson
||* Osmium (album)
Up for the Down Stroke
Chocolate City (album)
The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein
Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome
Motor Booty Affair
Live: P-Funk Earth Tour
Parliament's Greatest Hits
The Best Nonstop Mix Compilation
Tear the Roof Off 1974-1980
Greatest Hits 1972-1993
The Best of Parliament: Give Up the Funk
The Early Years
12" Collection & More
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Parliament
Get Funked Up: The Ultimate Collection
The Casablanca Years: 1974-1980
||* "Up For The Down Stroke (song)"
"Testify (Parliament song)"
"Chocolate City (song)"
"Do That Stuff"
"Tear The Roof Off The Sucker (Give Up The Funk)"
"Mothership Connection (Star Child)"
"Do That Stuff"
"Fantasy Is Reality"
"Bop Gun (Endangered Species)"
"Flash Light (song)"
"Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop)"
"Party People (Parliament song)"
Diese Seite wurde zuletzt geändert am 15.10.2013 21:37:12
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Jerome Brailey aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.