Paul Jackson Jr.
geboren am 30.12.1959 in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Links www.pauljacksonjr.com (Englisch)
Paul Jackson, Jr.
Paul Milton Jackson Jr. (born December 30, 1959) is an American fusion/urban jazz composer, arranger, producer and guitarist. He was born and raised in Los Angeles. Jackson knew by the age of fifteen that he wanted to become a professional musician. He attended the University of Southern California, majoring in music.
In addition to being a recording artist in his own right, Jackson is also highly accomplished L.A. session player, with a career spanning multiple decades. He has supported artists ranging from Michael Jackson (no relation) (on the albums Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory and Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix) to the Temptations, Whitney Houston, Alexander O'Neal, Five Star (on the album Silk and Steel), Howard Hewett, Thomas Anders, Patti LaBelle and Luis Miguel, to rockers such as Chicago and Elton John, to jazz-oriented players such as George Duke, George Benson, Dave Koz, Al Jarreau, David Benoit, Marcus Miller and Kirk Whalum, and to Christian artists such as Leon Patillo and Don Moen.
In 2013 it was revealed he contributed to several tracks on the album, Random Access Memories by Daft Punk and UK based singer songwriter Birdy's second album "Fire Within." He also played guitar on Lisa Stansfield's 2014 album, Seven.
Jackson can be seen playing guitar in a wide variety of styles on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and American Idol.
- Gibson ES-335
- Gibson ES-339
- Gibson ES-345
- Gibson ES-347 Paul Jackson Jr. Signature
- Gibson Les Paul Custom
- Gibson Les Paul Sunburst
- Gibson SG
- Gretsch Nashville Goldtop
- Gretsch Brian Setzer Black Falcon
- Gretsch Brian Setzer Nashville Heritage Cherry
- Gretsch Brian Setzer Irish Falcon
- Gretsch Brian Setzer Duo Jet
- Ibanez GB-10 George Benson Signature
- Jerry Jones 3 "Lipstick" pickup guitar
- Jose Oribe Classical
- Takamine Guitars
- Martin D-35S
- PRS 513
- PRS JA-15 Paul Jackson Jr. Signature
- PRS SE Singlecut Paul Jackson Guitar Series
- Takamine Classical Guitars
- Valley Arts Custom Pro Strat
- Marshall Amplifiers
- Mesa Custom Amplifiers
- Evil Robot
- Fuchs Clean Machine
- Dunlop M-102
- Dunlop M-103
- Xotic SP Comp
- Xotic BB Preamp
- Xotic Robotalk
- Xotic RC Booster
- I Came To Play (1988, Atlantic)
- Out Of The Shadows (1990, Atlantic)
- A River In The Desert (1993, Atlantic)
- Never Alone: Duets (1996, Blue Note)
- The Power Of The String (2001, Blue Note)
- Still Small Voice (2003, Blue Note)
- Lay It Back (2008, Branch Records)
- Stories From Stompin' Willie (2016, Branch Records)
With Donald Byrd
- Thank You...For F.U.M.L. (Funking Up My Life) (Elektra, 1978)
With Amy Grant
- Unguarded (A&M, 1985)
- Chicago 17 (Full Moon/Warner Bros., 1984)
With David Sanborn
- Close Up (Reprise, 1988)
With Lalo Schifrin
- No One Home (Tabu, 1979)
- Holiday Wishes (Idina Menzel, 2014)
With Lionel Richie
- Lionel Richie (Motown, 1982)
With Michael Jackson
- Thriller (Epic, 1982)
With Don Moen
- God Is Good – Worship with Don Moen (Integrity, Hosanna! Music, 1998)
- http://www.smoothvibes.com/movabletype/archives/000197.html "Paul Jackson Jr. – Rocking Steady"
- Vogel, Joachim (1995). Masters of Rhythm Guitar, p. 93. AMA Verlag.
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Paul Jackson, Jr. aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.